Feb 28, 2013

#6. Day 82: Hair and Bands

Hello!

So I've gained quite a lot for the past 6 weeks. It's an alarming 15 lbs, and I owe this to the 1 month of hypo allergenic diet. And since I am on my self-imposed house arrest until I get my immunities up and running like they used to, I decided to purchase these exercise bands online as substitute for lifting weights:




Exercise Bands from Bodylastics.com (150lbs capacity)

I'd really love to maintain my shape but at the moment but I don't want to go to the gym yet. So I thought these bands were the perfect solution.



The Entire Set

Each color corresponds to a certain weight resistance. Combining bands increases  weight resistance.

It was a learning curve at first but since I've really been more of a cable workout person in the gym, I found myself at ease with the bands.

I just did a circuit training for my workout today since I did not have any real exercise apart from push ups for the past 3 months. All I can say is that these bands do work! The effect, I must say, is very close to a weight lifting experience, provided that you execute the exercise properly. I'm thrilled that i can now transform my room into my own gym instantly! All I really need is something sturdy to mount these bands on to, and I think every house has one: a door.

After having a blast workout for about 40 minutes, i suddenly felt like vomiting. Nabigla ata ako. And I think it was only since earlier again that I ever experienced the feeling of thirst. Every since I've taken my ARV's, I never really experienced feeling thirsty. I always just force myself to take in fluids to keep my body running. But today, I felt it again. Ang sarap pala uminom ng malamig na tubig kapag uhaw na uhaw!

In the afternoon, I tried styling my hair, but to no avail. It just seemed to have a life of its own. And I'm beginning to notice the summer heat creeping in. Factor in a recent emergence of two pimples, so I've finally decided to do it:

4+ months worth of hair. Pubic hair. lol
I really wish there was a way to grow hair faster because I have been wanting to grow my hair long, as in yung mai-po-pony tail, maybe for the past ten years. However, I cannot seem to pass the awkward phase and can't stand looking at myself in the mirror not-so-good-looking (or not-so-looking-good), so I always end up cutting my hair every time. Oh well. At least now I'm picture-perfect again.

Til the next attempt to grow my hair long,

Eu

1 comment:

  1. i've always wanted to grow my hair long pero like you, pag mejo humahaba na sya, natetempt akong paputulan na... yeah, that awkward phase na not-to-long-yet-no-longer-short...

    ReplyDelete