Mar 1, 2013

#7. Errol


Errol,

Tonight, I remember you.


You were amongst the most perplexing, enigmatic and difficult to unmask.

You tried my patience, like no one has ever before.

I felt like a balloon ready to burst any time. But I held back, as you merely signaled embers of hope that I prayed would today turn into a passionate fire of reality.

You never told me to wait. You just told me to take it one step at a time. But it was difficult not to paint vivid images in my mind. It was even more difficult not to paint them in details. I must not. You just told me you are not closing your doors. I didn't even know if you had any doors at all. To me, you just seemed like a giant brick wall.

I literally crawled; inched my way towards your heart, hoping and expecting that something might flourish out of all those endeavors.

I intended to fast track, but there was beauty in that dramatic slowness, that agonizing wait. It was like intentionally submerging myself in the brink of drowning and then gasping back for breath. It was liberating but at the same time imprisoning. It was like warmth and coldness altogether. Like rain and sunshine at once. Like silence and noise in unison.

You were the most painful, yet most beautiful in-between.

No comments:

Post a Comment