Mar 1, 2013

#8. Ave Maria

Ave Maria,

You are one of the very few best friends.


All else that came between the days, months, and years that have passed are just too memorable to be forgotten. Most of the time I feel like I am lost in this sea of time and space, and you are just the connection that keeps me alive. You absorb all the color this hassled world had forced into me, and you put me back in that black and white silence where I truly belong.


You are just marvelous in a number of ways- how you live in the past in this contemporary world and how you genuinely wish me and yourself all of god's plans. How you respect me as a person and my beliefs and how you had supported me during my tumultuous days are simply beyond compare. Through your sincerest words and very basic counsel, you snap me out of this modernity and take me back to where we believe I must truly be.

We don't see each other as often anymore. Strangely though, I know you are just there. Like that beautiful memory I keep playing in my mind every night before I fall asleep. That memory I seem to remember only when I am about to sleep and forget about during the day. In the end, no matter how you seem not to be here right now, you just seem to be there at the day's end.

I just smile at the thought that I still remember how you sound like and how it feels like when we talk. I rest on the thought that you are just really there. Wherever "there" may be.

And though I don't quite remember what our last movie together was, or forget about some of our more recent eventualities, I will always clearly remember our many firsts from years and years back. And I smile because I am assured that we are moving forward together, but we remain in that distant past. That distant past we claim ours.

That distant past we've always believed is our home.

Hugs,

Eu


No comments:

Post a Comment