Apr 4, 2013

#24. Epiphanies 2: Candy Crush

This Candy Crush Saga game has taken over my life for the past 4 days. I've spent some nearly sleepless night trying to win myself over to the next level. As I reached level 170+, things have started to feel differently.

I began to question the purpose of my intentions. Initially, I just wanted to see what the next episodes had to offer. In the process, I got too engulfed, and I think I moved on to the next levels pretty quickly than the rest of my Facebook friends. I'd say that the climb to the next levels was done too quickly, and as a result, I just lost interest.

And so I have spoken, this game might have to sit down for a long time- along with other games that I just seem to have lost interest playing with, and a host of other things in life that I seem to have lost interest with along the way.

It's not just games, or videogames. It comes with my gadgets, too. I lose interest too quickly. I can't seem to stick to one gadget for over a year, or even 6 months, the least. I've switched mobile phones more than 50 times in this lifetime. I've played hundreds of videogames, of which I've finished less than 10. I've had over 12 boyfriends, but i've only stuck to one. And I guess I'm sticking on just because I want to remind myself that I am still able to sustain something after all. But at the back of my mind, I am itching to look for someone else, something else. It's a vicious cycle, and it just gets tiring.

Was I born this way? Or all these are a product of bad choices, like in Candy Crush, playing too much of it? Whatever the reason is, it leads me to a bigger question: will I live my life unable to finish anything at all?

On a more serious note: I've changed jobs five times, I've lost interest finishing my Master's degree, and I think I've mentioned somewhere, I've started blogging years and years ago but I always end up shutting them down. I think the boyfriend issue belongs here because that's more serious than Candy Crush and some other videogames. I'm really beginning to question myself if I will ever be able to finish anything at all. I'm scared that with this kind of behavior, I'm going to be left behind. Unable to achieve anything... Be stuck in a rut.


No comments:

Post a Comment