May 25, 2013

#40. Status Update

So I survived my first week at work. It wasn't really difficult because I'm just a returning employee. I'm working under a new team composed of old familiar faces.

I don't have a personal laptop so as much as I would like to update more often, I just can't. I don't have a company issued laptop yet as well and I don't think I want one considering the workload that I might potentially take home once I'm issued with one.

Just a quick update of how things are going for me:


As for work- so far so good. My new boss is quite timid and lets me do things on my own which is quite a challenge. It's quite a challenge to re-introduce myself as a figure of authority and run a team that has fluidly survived without me for the past three years. I am wondering why my boss decided to get me when the team is seems to be running smoothly already. The biggest challenge for me is to improve all operations-related concerns of my team while being cost efficient with all my endeavors- one legacy I left when I worked with the previous department before I resigned.

Its an even greater challenge to learn the ropes of a new product and find my way around. I'm sure some of my team members are wondering why the other more senior members did not occupy my position and I suddenly popped up to fulfill the post. Oh well. That's life. I am just in my first week but it feels like I never really left.

Busy as always. Which is good. It kind of takes my mind off things.

On the lighter side, William and I are doing good, enjoying the dating phase. We're introducing people from our own spheres with each other and it's funny how things tie up. And since we moved in to Binay's turf, we've been making friends with the neighborhood and it's really cool! It's just the way I want it to be- a place where the city amenities are within reach, but the residential feel is present when I am about to retire for the day. It's fantastic.

I'm still single as of writing this. Froy is really dedicated to winning me back but I am just taking things one at a time. I don't want to be consumed with a lot of thoughts and drama now. I'd like to focus more on work and a bit more on myself. As people have noticed, I have gained some weight. And the jury is divided whether I look "heavy" or not.

Nevertheless, in two weeks or so, once I've settled down a bit more, I'm going to hit the gym again and work on my body. All in the name of health.

I sincerely intend to cut down on smoking, or totally quit, preferably. I've done so since November until April. I might get a reliable e-cigarette on the next payday. 

I've tweeted less, blogged less recently, and until things get settled a bit more, I'll do my best to update at least every weekend when I have access to my mom's laptop.

So til then.




2 comments:

  1. di pala lumalabas blog mo sa feed ko since nabago yung url mo. anyway, good luck sa work! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. baket ganon?!? sabi din nung isa di daw lumalabas updates ko. wah

      Delete